Debra H Norris
Phone: (302) 831-3696
Office: 303 Old College
- Specializes in the preservation of photographs and the conservation of damaged historic photographs.
- Heavily involved with international movements to preserve world cultural heritage. Norris spearheads UD's partnership with the Iraq Cultural Heritage Project (an institute training professionals to preserve Iraq's historic treasures and to protect more than 12,000 registered archaeological sites in Iraq.)
- Develops conservation workshops on photograph preservation in the Middle East. Is currently creating a new program for Organization of American States (OAS) on the preservation of cultural heritage and emergency planning. Will soon be engaged in major grant to educate and train photograph conservators at the Hermitage Museum in Russia.
- Served as president of the American Institute for Conservation, president of the Heritage Preservation and U.S. Commissioner for UNESCO.
- Renowned expert on emergency preparedness and recovery for cultural heritage.
Chairperson, Graduate and Professional Education