Phone: (302) 831-6157
Office: 104 Alfred Lerner Hall
- A leading authority on corporate governance issues, Elson's fields of expertise include executive compensation, corporate compliance, securities regulation, corporate legal matters and Delaware issues.
- Has written extensively on the subject of boards of directors and is a frequent contributor to various scholarly and popular publications.
- Vice Chairman of the ABA Business Law Section's Committee on Corporate Governance.
- Advised and consulted organizations spanning a variety of sectors: retail (AutoZone, Inc.), manufacturing (Sunbeam Corporation and Circon Corporation), human resources (Towers Perrin), oil and natural gas (Nuevo Energy Company) and non-profit (Investor Responsibility Research Center). Elson is currently a member of the Board of Directors of HealthSouth Corporation, a healthcare services provider.
- "Of Counsel" to the law firm of Holland & Knight.
Director, John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance
Edgar S. Woolard Professor, Finance
Professor, Legal Studies
In The News:
TransPerfect Worker Sues Delaware Judge in Free-Speech Flap
These business titans are teaming up for better corporate governance
Corporate Heavyweights Back Governance Practices
What Charlotte's top CEOs got paid last year
Judge at Center of Energy-Williams Row Praised as Fair
Musk calls Tesla's SolarCity deal 'no brainer'; investors disagree
Viacom Director Wants Sumner Redstone Examined by Doctor
Elon Musk's plan for Tesla to buy SolarCity raises fears of shaky financials and unclear motives
Exploring government's regulatory impact on financial institutions and other corporations
Crucial corporate governance topics focus of presentations, panel discussions
Authority on accounting regulation discusses past, future of auditing
Corporate governance experts discuss trends in audit committee disclosure
Weinberg Center symposium addresses hot topics in corporate governance
UD's Elson named to Public Company Accounting Oversight Board advisory group
Elson to lead blue ribbon panel of leaders in corporate governance study
Elson, Coffin among 100 most influential in corporate governance