Center for Energy & Environmental Policy
Phone: (302) 831-8405
Office: 278 Graham Hall
- Renowned authority on climate change.
- Work focuses on sustainable development and energy policy, with an emphasis on solar power and energy conservation. Byrne conceived the Sustainable Energy Utility, a first-of-its kind nonprofit agency.
- Can discuss the climate/energy justice (the equitable distribution of environmental burdens such as pollution) and the economics of energy.
- Byrne served as a contributing author to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007.
- Created the first American graduate and undergraduate degrees in the combined field of energy and environmental policy.
Center Director, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy
Dist Prof Energy&Climate Plcy, Ctr for Enrgy & Environmntl P
In The News:
Dr. John Byrne in Taiwan (Radio Taiwan International)
Government's 'nuclear' find draws criticism from scientists (Daily News & Analysis (India))
For Jaitapur villagers, questions remain: US climate scientist (The Hindu (India))
Protest in Wilmington against Keystone Pipeline Project (NBC Philadelphia)