Marsha Ann Dickson
Fashion & Apparel Studies
- Research focuses on social responsibility and sustainability in the apparel industry. Examines the efforts of apparel brands and retailers to ensure the products bearing their names are manufactured under good working conditions and labor standards that protect workers' rights and the environment.
- Can discuss fair trade, global supply chains, global apparel production and sourcing.
- Board member of the Fair Labor Association, a non-governmental organization originally formed by President Clinton to improve working conditions in factories around the world.
- Spearheaded creation of UD's online, graduate certificate in Socially Responsible and Sustainable Apparel Business. The program is a first of its kind. There is no comparable program anywhere in the world.
- Lead author of the book, "Social Responsibility in the Global Apparel Industry."
Chairperson, Fashion and Apparel Studies