James L Butkiewicz
Phone: (302) 831-1891
Office: 406A Purnell Hall
- A macroeconomist, Butkiewicz specializes in policy analysis and determinants of economic growth.
- Historical areas of expertise include monetary theory and history and the economics of the Great Depression.
- Knowledgeable about the local (Delaware) economy.
- Versed in the economics of legalized gambling.
- Previously consulted for the U.S. Congress' Office of Technology Assessment, was part of current Delaware Governor Jack Markell's transition team and hosted a weekly radio show, "Investment News and Views."
In The News:
DuPont opens Southeast Asian HQ in Singapore
DuPont Cutbacks Send a Chill through Delaware's Science Community
Casino competition hits Delaware in the wallet (USA Today)
Jobs for unemployed bankers targeted in Delaware tax break plan (Bloomberg)
Obama calls on university research to help create manufacturing jobs (Chronicle of Higher Education)
A way out of the deep freeze (New York Times)
Bank investment plan is more Depression deja vu (Associated Press)
As Pfizer pursues AZ, state ponders worst (News Journal)