Entomology & Wildlife Ecology
Phone: (302) 831-1304
Office: 250B Townsend Hall
- Researches how plants that evolved elsewhere impact food webs and biodiversity.
- Tallamy speaks nationwide about his concerns that the approach to gardening must change. He contends the widespread planting of ornamental plants, native to other parts of the world, is creating ecosystem-wide problems.
- Author of best-selling garden book, "Bringing Nature Home: How You Can Sustain Wildlife with Native Plants."
- Has been featured/interviewed by New York Times, NPR, Associated Press, and various other outlets.
- Can also discuss entomology, human population growth and its impact on biodiversity, and extinction risk.
Chairperson, Entomology and Wildlife Ecology
Professor, Entomology and Wildlife Ecology
Professor, Biological Sciences
In The News:
Songbird lessons take DC 3rd graders from local trees to Central America (Bay Journal)
Op-ed: The Ups and Downs of the Bradford Pear (The New York Times)
How to save nature, one backyard at a time (Mother Nature Network)
This LED bulb also houses a bug zapper, but will it work on mosquitoes? (Yahoo News)
Unusually warm temps bring bugs out in winter (WDDE-FM)
Gardening trends for 2016 focus on eco-sensitive ways to save water and pets (The Seattle Times Online)
The Chickadee?s Guide to Gardening (The New York Times)
Save the pollinators? It's not as simple as "plant native plants" (The Patriot-News Online)
Plants aren't just for decoration: Use them to improve soil, attract wildlife (The Windsor Star Online)
UD partnership with Mt. Cuba aims to make 'eco-friendly' a selling point for modern gardeners
UD professor, graduate look at effects of non-native plants on herbivores
UD professors honored for work on sustainable landscape project
UD researchers track fall migratory patterns of insects
New book promotes plant functionality as priority in landscapes
Tallamy urges ecofriendly management of natural habitats
Tallamy to deliver UDLA Annual Faculty Lecture March 10
Prof's new book focuses on critical role of native plants
BBC films UD entomologist's research