Delaware Geological Survey
Phone: (302) 831-8258
Office: 215 DE Geological Survey
- Researches groundwater, especially its chemistry and how it occurs (groundwater occurrence).
- Can also discuss engineering geology and geologic hazards.
- Previously served as New Hampshire's State Geologist. Wunsh has testified before Congress and served on various federal advisory committees and expert panels.
- Has worked in collaboration with Amax Coal Company, the U.S. Geological Survey, the Minerals Management Service and the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Worked on Capitol Hill as a congressional fellow (science advisor) for members of Congress. Can offer perspective on national energy and natural resources policy.
- Helped develop national data sharing programs for geological information. The resulting websites allow users to piece together information from various state geological surveys to create regional maps.
Director and State Geologist, Delaware Geological Survey
Wunsch to take helm at Delaware Geological Survey
Delaware Geological Survey assessing sand availability for beach restoration planning
UD's David Wunsch selected for American Geosciences Award