Fashion & Apparel Studies
Phone: (302) 831-8714
Office: Alison Hall Addition
- Corporate responsibility and public policy executive with 30 years experience; teaches graduate-level courses at UD.
- Focuses on responsible sourcing, i.e. how companies' purchasing practices/supply chains impact factory workers. Also knowledgeable about effective ways for workers to express grievances.
- Spent 15 years as vice president of human rights programs at Reebok International. Cahn led the implementation of Reebok's corporate commitment to international human rights. Work included development of a child-labor-free soccer ball factory in Pakistan, human rights training programs, worker communication systems, and assessment tools in more than a dozen countries.
- Co-founder of Fair Factories Clearinghouse, a nonprofit initiative of global retail companies, consumer brands and retail trade associations creating a system for managing and sharing information about workplace conditions.
- Sits on Board of Directors of Verité, a nonprofit research and advocacy organization dedicated to humanizing the global workplace.
Adjunct Faculty, Fashion & Apparel Studies