James L Butkiewicz
Phone: (302) 831-1891
Office: 406A Purnell Hall
- A macroeconomist, Butkiewicz specializes in policy analysis and determinants of economic growth.
- Historical areas of expertise include monetary theory and history and the economics of the Great Depression.
- Knowledgeable about the local (Delaware) economy.
- Versed in the economics of legalized gambling.
- Previously consulted for the U.S. Congress' Office of Technology Assessment, was part of current Delaware Governor Jack Markell's transition team and hosted a weekly radio show, "Investment News and Views."
In The News:
Jobs for unemployed bankers targeted in Delaware tax break plan (Bloomberg)
Obama calls on university research to help create manufacturing jobs (Chronicle of Higher Education)
A way out of the deep freeze (New York Times)
Holiday travelers cope with gas prices (6ABC, Philadelphia)
Bank investment plan is more Depression deja vu (Associated Press)