Joyce Hill Stoner
Phone: (302) 888-4888
Office: 305 Old College
- Work focuses on the history of art conservation in the 20th Century.
- Possesses specialized knowledge of artist James McNeill Whistler's materials and techniques, as well as the Wyeth family of artists and their techniques.
- Actively treats paintings, to study the artist's techniques and intentions and, as necessary, remove discolored coatings and/or graffiti, mend tears, etc. and insure their future preservation. Stoner was the lead conservator treating Whistler's "Peacock Room" and supervised the treatment of an N.C. Wyeth mural in 1998.
- Currently coordinating a book on paintings conservation, due out in 2012.
- Portrait has been painted by Andrew Wyeth.
Ed/Eliz Goodman Rosenberg Professor, Art Conservation
UD conservators to play key roles in global meeting to protect cultural treasures
Three new named professors appointed in Arts and Sciences
Maxfield Parrish panels return to Delaware for TLC