Arthur C Trembanis
Phone: (302) 831-2498
Office: 109 Penny Hall
- Focuses on understanding how waves and currents shape the beach and seabed.
- Utilizes underwater robots to explore the sea and examine what lies on the ocean floor. Exploration sites include shipwrecks.
- Trembanis develops new autonomous underwater robot technologies and data visualization techniques.
- Expeditions include dives off the island of Bonaire (in the Southern Caribbean), Black Sea, Delaware Bay and Tasman Bay, New Zealand.
- Can discuss beach nourishment, sediment transport and scour (erosion) and seafloor mapping.
Assistant Professor, Geological Sciences
Kindergartners get art and science lesson on underwater robot
Underwater robot helps NASA prepare for asteroid exploration
New research vessel unveiled at CSHEL
UD scientists take underwater robot on Black Sea expedition
CEOE signs agreement with offshore survey company UTEC