Ralph J Begleiter
Phone: (302) 831-7771
Office: 190A Graham Hall
- A former CNN World Affairs Correspondent, Begleiter covered international politics, traveling to 97 countries on all 7 continents.
- Director of the Center for Political Communication, exploring the effects of emerging communication technologies on elections and policy debates.
- Successfully used the Freedom of Information Act to secure public release of photos of returning war casualties to the United States. (Dover Air Force Base)
- Current host of TV series "Great Decisions" that airs on PBS affiliates nationwide.
- Can discuss journalism, politics (domestic and international) and media, as well as political communication.
Edward F. and Elizabeth Goodman Rosenberg Professor of Communication
Director, Center for Political Communication
Distinguished Journalist in Residence, Political Science and International Relations
In The News:
Can photos from Gaza help blaze the path to peace? (Huffington Post)
Romney vs. Obama: Presidential debates rarely change votes, but stakes remain high (ABC News)
Real people get 15 minutes of fame on convention stage (USA Today)
Selected Media Appearances (PBS, NPR, CNN.com, etc.)
UD launches Center for Political Communication
State Department official discusses public diplomacy issues
Climate change, sustainability highlighted in afternoon panel
Former CIA and KGB agents share inside look at espionage