Applied Economics & Statistics
Phone: (302) 831-1316
Office: Townsend Hall
Journalists: Katy O'Connell (Communications Manager) can assist with interview requests for this expert. 302-831-1355, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A behavioral economist, Messer specializes in land/environmental conservation and consumer responses to food scares.
- Recent consumer response projects: measuring the impact of media information about Mad Cow Disease on consumers; investigating whether labeling stigmatizes conventional milk; and examining which consumers are most responsive to media-inducted food scares.
- Served as founding director of a Colorado wildlife area. Pioneered efforts to improve conservation effectiveness that have been applied to protecting endangered species, wetlands, and agricultural areas.
- Has investigated Superfund sites' relationship to neighboring property values.
- Can discuss environmental policy, agricultural policy and resource economics.
Associate Professor, Applied Economics and Statistics
Associate Professor, Economics